Search This Blog

Friday 3 October 2014

Addiction (Gadget-holic)





Be it BOOKS, BOOZE, SEX, MONEY or KUSH; everybody is addicted to something. A strange occurrence made me find out mine last week.
I’m infamous for being a class-clown (after all we all need some comic relief from the boring lectures). So while I was at my antics in a certain class, the lecturer called me “Belligerent” (a word which I silently protested) and she consequently confiscated my phone smartphone.

Of all the things she (the lecturer) could have done. She could have just sent me out of the class… at most, slap me or better still ask the school authority to withdraw my admission. But why! Why seize my phone… Why?! *sobs like a baby*

A few minutes after the class, massive depression kicked in. I thought I’d never see my love phone again. Then I started to relapse, thinking about some stupid sh*t I haven’t thought of since my Ex broke up with me. Things like;

·        I’m not good enough,
·        Is there a God,
·        Maybe I should just drop-out,
·        The best and simplest form of suicide (without the pain though… lol),
·        Blah… blah… blah

After about four hours in this gloomy mood, the Course rep delivered my phone to me from the lecturer. Then it occurred to my silly head that I was after all a gadget-holic; a person who cannot function without an electronic gadget, such as a smart phone, computer or some other e-Device.

You still don’t know how I felt? Well, go ask a junkie who has been deprived of cocaine for a week!

Bamidele Michael Obafemi Jnr,.

No comments:

Post a Comment